Saturday 30 March 2013

Baby Buddha: Chinese Teahouse and Dim Sum!


Yesterday my boyfriend and I made a visit to Baby Buddha in Norwich, a chinese dumpling paradise in disguise as a teahouse. The tea is good too, but it's the Dim Sum menu you really want to be the focus on your visit. It's quite a small yet cute menu, with a couple of extra dishes available from Sat - Tues. For the fish lovers - this is the fishiest Dim Sum menu I've come across, for the vegetarians the menu may not be so convenient as other competitors.


 Overall, the food was great. As always - the BBQ pork dumplings was my favourite (and has been with all Dim Sum places!) but the rest of the dumplings were good as well. Baby Buddha does a FANTASTIC mango pudding - I really recommend it for sweet tooth readers. It is a good idea to eat the mango pudding last, as it leaves a satisfying smooth after-taste. We also had some kind of puff pastry 'thing', that wasn't too great & we've had better spring rolls, but overall I was quite satisfied with the food.

When ordering drinks however, I must encourage readers not to order Ooolong Tea with your Dim Sum. Oolong Tea is a lovely blend, but it does not go well with dumplings or anything sweet. For Dim Sum I'd probably recommend Green Tea from the small selection I am accustomed to.


The staff at Baby Buddha were lovely. The music, although it was your typical cheesy music, was fine and good for a background scene. I noticed to my amusement, when custom was slow the music followed suit, and when there were more customers the music was speed in pace. This has inspired another post.

I defiantly want to visit Baby Buddha again. It is not the best place for Dim Sum out there, but it's quite high on the ranks and defiantly worth any excuse to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment