Saturday 13 February 2016

Duolingo launches new beta Welsh Language for English speakers

Croeso! Helo, bore da, prynhawn da, nos da,

Duolingo now offers Welsh as a language to learn, for English speakers.

I've only had one intention of learning Welsh. There was a biology teacher who I found to be very inspiring. Biology was one of my favourite sciences and I like the human biology stuff which she seemed to be rather fond of. So this teacher had a terrific Welsh accent and was generally a great lady. I persuaded her to try and teach us some Welsh, which she did for a while. However I wasn't quite so fond of her when she decided to tell my mother I wasn't good enough in her class and a terrible student. It was mainly for the intense bullying that I didn't enjoy the classes so much, as it involved a lot of group work. I ended up studying the subject mostly by myself. (I got an A in the end, beat that Mrs R!)

Hwyl :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Another languages lover here :)
    I'm glad Duolingo's launching new language courses; to be honest, I'm looking forward the Icelandic one.

    Greetings from Barcelona!

    http://pudding-no-uta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete